Well on this particular evening, my dad brought home pizza, Pizza Patron at that. Hey, don't judge LOL. So naturally, I scarfed down a couple of pieces and was feeling comfortably full. About 30 minutes after my dinner, my over-induglence-gluttony was about to begin during my visitation at my Gma's house. She and my aunt had just picked up some Gorditas from a local Mexican restaurant. I honestly did not want any, but like I said in this family food is an offer you can't refuse. "No Grandma, I already ate!" "What? Okay, I'll make you a plate." After pleading with her to, "serve me just a little", I ended up eating a full plate. Ay dios! I was extremely stuffed to capacity and no longer comfortably full.
I would like to take the time and mention that in addition to having a large appetite in my family, the other requirement is you have to have a sense of humor. I can't think of anyone in my family who is not hilarious. We love to laugh - wait, laughing is exercise right? Of course it is! So after all this over-eating, my cousins came over and we laughed and joked and my guilt of pigging out vanished. What's more important to me than counting calories, feeling bloated, and having that sense of guilt after eating a large amount of food, is that food brings my family and friends together. Because it was getting late, I was sad that I had to leave my Grandma's house and go home and get ready for work tomorrow. However, I was not sad to stop eating. Last I heard, there were going to get something sweet to eat. That was my cue to bounce!
Given that I am tired and full/bloated, I just wanted to walk up the steps of my apartment, walk inside, and pass out. Well yeah, that's not at all what happened. It took me literally 10 minutes to get to my door. Why you ask? A BIG FAT JUICY POSSUM WAS BLOCKING MY PATHWAY. I felt frozen and thought that little rat was gonna jump and attack me. They are something else! Eventually I just ran for my life and opened the door super fast.
This made me think of something....next time we have guests over, you better believe I will be making possum soup! Yum!
Not only are you a good artist ... you're a good writer/blogger too! ... and because I know & love your family ... (they're my family too) ... this story is sooooo delightfully funny!
ReplyDeleteI "know" you're not gonna make any possum soup ... but here's a recipe anywayz: http://www.redneckpossum.com/Recipe_Soup.htm
Lol true, we eat and laugh a lot!!!
ReplyDelete