Hola! Como te llamas? Tengo hombre?.....Why am I speaking in Spanish you ask? Because tonight I served up some...como si dice....ENCHILADAS CON ARROZ Y FRIJOLES for my man. That's right, I did and they were delish! Be jealous.
After work, it was either go to Michaels and splurge on some arts and craft materials or go to H-E-B and get some ingredients for dinner tonight. The choice I made is obvious. I already knew that our dinner was going to consist of ground beef, because I actually remembered to take it out this morning and let it thaw before I left for work. I have never really made enchiladas before, but me being Mexican, I knew common sense was going to play a big role in preparing tonight's dinner. Yes, I know I mentioned in a previous blog that I didn't prefer to go grocery shopping without a list, but since I knew pretty much what direction I was going in, the mental list was already forming in my brain. I wanted to keep it simple and affordable. My basket consisted of:
- Tomatoes
- Cilantro
- Jalapenos
- Avocados
- Tortillas
- Pinto Beans (canned)
- Shredded Cheese
- Romaine lettuce
- Enchilada Sauce
Canned pinto beans?!?! Am I crazy? Yes, allow me to explain: BEANS TAKE FOREVER TO COOK. I rest my case. I did manage to make them my own by adding my special touch, so they went from boring and plain to awesomeness.
Normally, I don't like when Marcus decides to go to his man cave/office because then I'm forced to watch movies or T.V. by myself. However, when I am in the kitchen I practically shove him in his room just so he's outta the way. (Hi babe!) Also, I like to surprise him with what I make and today he claims he didn't eat lunch, (how do you forget to eat lunch?) so I knew it had to be a hearty meal that would make him full. I love to feed my boyfriend because (a.) he is really good at guessing the ingredients I used and (b.) he always gives really good feedback and constructive criticism.
Well, needless to say, everything came out wonderful and it took me about 45 minutes to prepare and cook everything. Everyone (Marcus and I) were satisfied. The only thing unpleasant about cooking is the cleanup. I try really hard not to make a huge mess, but really, its inevitable. I just don't like a dirty kitchen and I sleep better at night knowing everything is cleaned and put away. (I am sooo my mother.)
Lucky for those of you who read these things, I took some pictures. Enjoy!
Everything looks delicious! ... *Good Job*
ReplyDelete