
Having just moved to this area, my boyfriend and I are still discovering places that really appeal us. We have been going to H-E-B for all of our grocery needs, but today we just needed a couple of produce items and decided to go to Green Fields Market. I was on the phone with my mother when we walked in and literally told her, "Mom, I need to call you back, I am like in awe right now." Marcus' first stop was, of course, at the barrels of coffee beans ("Look how fresh they are!") and mine was the self serve granola and trail mix area. So many choices!! My intentions for this grocery trip was just to go for the ride, but once I was there I felt like I needed to buy something.
When it came down to it, I didn't, only because I felt overwhelmed and didn't have a grocery list with me. (Grocery lists are very important when I go shopping - it really helps me stay on track and not over spend.)
I know sometimes it's a lot easier for me to pick up fast food or to buy pre-made items, but I am challenging myself to really try and cook more. By this, I simply mean trying new dishes and being more adventurous with ingredients. It will be more time consuming, yes, but I know it would be worth it. (We have a collection of cookbooks in our apartment that need to be put to use!)
I am really glad that my boyfriend shares an interest in food with me. I am not sure if I could be with anyone who was afraid to venture out and try new foods. Right now, he is really into fish and just keeps on impressing me with the dishes he whips up for us. (You rock babe!) You know the saying " The way to a man's heart is through his stomach"? Well, in this household it works both ways. I love food!
I don't know where "Green Fields Market" is located, but it reminds me of Sun Harvest or the Gucci B (HEB) on Broadway. I love to go to both of them when I have a few hours to browse, snack & sample, and even get a chair massage. I'mma have to check out Green Fields Market too! ... And I'm glad you and Marcus cook together / and for each other ... *Gourmet Bonding* You two are so cute!
ReplyDeleteBy the way ... If you haven't seen the movie (or read the book) "Like Water For Chocolate" ... do so! .. and if you have ... Check it out again! -- *smiles* The cooking in the movie reminds me of you!
ReplyDelete