Friday, November 18, 2011

"If people take the trouble to cook, you should take the trouble to eat." -Robert Morley

Last night, mine and Marcus' good friends came over to check out our new place and to go out for dinner and drinks. Originally, when I first had invited them, I offered to make dinner. However, having to endure a realllly long day at work and just simply drained of any creativity for me to showcase my terrific cooking skills, we decided it would be best to go out to eat. Given the location of where we live, we are surrounded by so many great restaurants- it's very difficult having 4 people agree on where to go. The guys like to drink these fancy-smancy beers that have names that are difficult to pronounce, so I suggested The Lion and Rose.

Are you wondering what I ordered? I thought so! How can you go to a British place and not order some "authentic" Shepherd's Pie? Description: "Slow simmered beef and garden vegetables in rich and hearty gravy, crowned with whipped potatoes" Fortunately for me, it was very tasty. My beverage of choice was a cold glass of Stella Artois. Doesn't that sound like a great meal?

SIDE STORY - A few months ago, I myself tried to make a good Shepherd's Pie. But, I have to admit, I cheated...like a lot. Shame on me for not making everything from scratch! (I bought pre-made mash potatoes and canned vegetables. Gross right?) I think this is the reason that it turned out...well, I wouldn't say horrible, but very mediocre. Let's just say there were tons of left-overs that never got eaten.




No comments:

Post a Comment